How to Overcome Trauma, Mental Health Struggles, and Learning Issues to Achieve World Changing Results with Dr. Gail Saltz
October 6, 2016
In this episode we explore the link between trauma, mental health, learning disabilities and genius, look at a number of historical figures and how they harnessed challenges like depression and ADHD to achieve world-changing results, and examine the practical steps you can take to overcome struggles today with Dr. Gail Saltz.
Dr. Gail Saltz is a Clinical Associate Professor of Psychiatry at the New York Presbyterian Hospital Weill Cornell School of medicine and a psychoanalyst with the New York Psychoanalytic Institute. She is a columnist, bestselling author, podcast host and television commentator and one of the nation’s foremost go-to experts on a variety of psychological and mental health issues, having appeared on Good Morning America, Dr. Oz, The View, Dateline, 20/20, Primetime, Today, CNN, CBS This Morning, MSNBC, The Oprah Winfrey Show and more.
- How people like Vincent Van Gogh and Abraham Lincoln harnessed their mental issues to achieve success
- Deconstructing the “psychobiographies” of some of the greatest achievers in the world (DaVinci, Einstein, Lincoln, etc)
- Close to half of Americans struggle with some sort of mental health issue
- What people who are embarrassed about seeking help can do
- Why “mental illness” is often a STRENGTH and the greatest achievements are a often a DIRECT RESULT of struggles with issues like dyslexia, anxiety, depression, etc
- How Abraham Lincoln struggled his whole life with depression and why it gave him the empathy to reshape history
- How Einstein overcome crippling ADHD to change physics
- Practical steps that someone can take who is struggling with anxiety and depression right now
- How to hone-in on your strengths and leverage them
- How we get caught in defeating stories that we tell ourselves
- How to identify and “re-write” self-defeating stories that we tell ourselves
- A few actionable insights into how to improve and build relationships from one of the best sex and relationships experts in the world
- How to LISTEN better, improve communication, and build better relationships
- And more!
If you think you have a challenge you can’t overcome - listen to this episode!