How To Put Your Body In Relaxation Mode, Reduce Stress, and Develop Body Awareness with International Yoga Expert Tiffany Cruikshank
July 27, 2016
In this episode we explore the boundary where eastern and western medicine meet with international yoga expert Tiffany Cruikshank – we discuss how cultivating body awareness can put your nervous system in “Relaxation mode,” how meditation impacts your metabolism, the lessons Tiffany has learned from more than 25k patient visits, and how to jump in and start yoga TODAY as we demystify and examine some of the science behind the practices of Yoga!
Tiffany is an international yoga teacher who has been teaching for over 20 years, an author, health and wellness expert, the founder of Yoga Medicine, and she is internationally known for her focus on fusing the two worlds of eastern and western medicine together and apply it to the practice of yoga in an accessible and relevant way. We discuss:
- How to put your body in "relaxation mode"
- The science behind the parasympathetic nervous system (and why its so important)
- How to cultivate a mind-body connection and develop body awareness
- How to get started simply and easily with yoga today
- The impact meditation has on your metabolism
- The differences between yoga and meditation
- The lessons Tiffany has learned in more than 25,000 patient visits
- And more!
If Yoga has interested you and you don’t know where to start - or you just want to learn how to become more relaxed - listen to this episode!