How Two Simple Words Can Massively Shift Your Perspective & Ten Superpowers to Transform Your World with Life is Good Founder John Jacobs
November 10, 2016
In this episode we discuss how our guest went from being “wildly unsuccessful”, sleeping in a used van, to launching a massive brand, the power of simple gratitude during the toughest challenges of our lives, the transformational superpowers that can change your life, the massive perspective shift you can grain from two simple words, and much more with John Jacobs.
John is the co-founder and chief creative optimist for Life is Good as well as the author of Life Is Good: The Book. He and his company have previously been featured on CNN, CNBC, Nightline, Today, The New York Times, The Wall Street Journal,and much more.
- The ten superpowers that can change your life
- What drove John to find a way to combine art and business to launch an amazing company
- How Life is Good went from being “wildly unsuccessful”, sleeping in a used van, to launching a massive brand
- Why its often the people that face the biggest adversity and trauma that embrace the real meaning of “life is good"
- How Life is Good takes a stand against the negativity in the news media
- The incredible power of simple gratitude during the toughest challenges of our lives
- How to focus on optimism without ignoring the negative experiences in your life
- How the story of one person can transform your experience
- The Amazing story of how one act of hate created a wave of love
- How John embarks on his mission to “spread the power of optimism"
- Even when facing hardest adversity - you can consciously shift your mind to the positive and grow good instead of being consumed by the negative
- The incredible power of optimism and strategies to become more optimistic
- Why you should never say you “have to” do something (and what you should say instead)
- Incredible, simple perspective shift you can get by changing a SINGLE WORD when you find yourself complaining
- The Rule of “Yes, And,” how it can have a huge impact on your life & unleash your creativity
- The real depth behind the concept of “life is good”and why its OK to acknowledge the painful parts of your life
- The importance of taking a few moments to connect with someone
- Why fun is “part of the main course” and not your dessert
- How to find simple ways to weave joy into your life