July 13, 2017
In this episode we discuss the dangers of “playing it safe” in life, how we can learn to celebrate more, the power of cheering on, showing up, and serving other people, how to balance the acceptance of negative emotions with amplifying the good and focusing on the positive, what it means to live life in the “front row,” lessons learned about living life from people fighting for their lives, and much more with our guest Jon Vroman.
Jon is the co-founder of The Front Row Foundation, a charity that creates unforgettable moments for individuals who are braving life-threatening illnesses. Jon teaches others to “Live Life In The Front Row” through teaching and inspiring others with the Art of Moment Making. He is also an award winning speaker, podcast host, and the bestselling author of his new book The Front Row Factor: Transform Your Life with The Art of Moment Making.
- How John went from being bullied and feeling insignificant, to stepping up and living his life in the front row
- How would you rate your contribution to the world on a 1-10 scale?
- The dangers of “playing it safe” in life
- What does it mean to live life in the front row?
- The anticipation principle and how to bring the power of the future into the present moment
- How we can learn to celebrate - bring light and attention to something, even if its something small
- Celebration is appreciation and gratitude
- How do you recognize or create a front row moment every day in life?
- “What can I celebrate right now?”
- If you can’t celebrate yourself, ask “How can I celebrate somebody else?”
- Being in the front row is also about service, stepping up for people, and not always being the center of attention
- The power of cheering on, showing up, and serving other people and why there is so much meaning, love, and joy in doing that
- What does it mean to be a moment maker?
- Recognizing the beauty and joy within a moment and noticing it, take a moment, breathe in, look around, feel it and appreciate it - recognizing what’s already there and not chasing what could be
- Why you should ask “How can I make this special?”
- How you can create special moments in the simplest spaces within life, turning something normal into something spectacular
- Why we should amplify the good so that we silence what’s not
- The importance of accepting negative emotions and living the full range of emotions in life, the importance of being cold so you can appreciate the warmth
- The 90% Rule - where do you want to “live” 90% of the time
- How to re-align with what you value and live a life of making moments and celebration
- The three things you need to live life in the front row
- How to balance questions of acceptance/discomfrot/negative emotions with amplifying the good and focusing on the positive - focus on what state you end up at when you have the balance between those two things
- "Proximity is power” - what thoughts, questions, and relationships are you close to that are shaping your life?
- Questions drives our lives - what questions are we trying to answer?
- What questions are running your mind? What different questions could be running your mind?
- Everything we've learned about living life from people fighting for their lives
- Life is made up of MOMENTS - how do we manage each of those moments
- We think life will be great when we BLANK - once BLANK happens - this is NOW - this is IT - this is where its happening - managing your mind, managing the moment is the key to maximizing our lives.
- Why I love the quote - "Alex, don’t let Mount Everest be your greatest achievement”
- Hope is not weak, hope is not wishful thinking, hope is having a vision for the future and doing something about it
- How do I recognize or create a front row moment right now?
- The best questions aren’t the ones that YOU want an answer to - its the ones that the OTHER PERSON wants an answer to
- Why you should ask “What dream is making you come alive right now?”
- If not you then who? If not now then when?
- The importance of self awareness and being honest with yourself
- Ask yourself what makes you come alive? Create an environment that makes you come alive
- And much more!