March 8, 2016
In this episode of The Science of Success we dive into what it’s like to have breakfast with the Dalai Lama, the difference between compassion and empathy (and why it's important), and how you can harness compassion to achieve more and be a better version of yourself with Dr. Chris Kukk.
Dr. Kukk is a former counter-intelligence agent, the founding Director of the Center for Compassion, Creativity, and Innovation, a professor of Political Science at Western Connecticut State University, and author of the upcoming book The Compassionate Achiever.
In this episode you will learn:
- The physical and chemical differences between compassion and empathy (and why that matters)
- How compassion can help you achieve your goals
- How to avoid emotional quicksand
- How compassion fuels creativity
- How to cultivate emotional resilience
- What we can do to widen our circle of compassion
- And much more!