Trading Your House For A Tulip, Your Love Life, And What It All Has To Do With Making Better Financial Decisions with Dr. Daniel Crosby
October 27, 2016
In this episode we explore how you can learn from dating mistakes to make better financial choices, the most expensive words in investing (and how you can avoid them), why highly qualified experts are wrong more than 94% of the time, the importance of focusing on process vs outcome and much more with Dr. Daniel Crosby.
Dr. Crosby is a psychologist and behavioral finance expert as well the author of New York Times Best-Seller "Personal Benchmark: Integrating Behavioral Finance and Investment Management” as well as “Laws of Wealth: Psychology and the secret to investing success.” He was named named one of the “12 Thinkers to Watch” by Monster.com, a “Financial Blogger You Should Be Reading” by AARP and listed on the Top 40 Under 40 by Investment News.com.
- How Daniel works to integrate the messiness of human psychology into fields like economics and finance
- How your emotional state colors your perception of risk
- How you can learn from dating mistakes to make better financial choices
- The most expensive words in investing (and how you can avoid them)
- The insane “tulip” craze and what it says about financial markets
- Why in our efforts to manage risk we often create the outcomes we are trying to avoid
- How you control what matters most (often without realizing it)
- The importance of focusing on process vs outcome
- Why “you are not special” and how that advice can save you a lot of money!
- Why experts are wrong 94% of the time
- Why really successful people automate their day and free up their cognitive power for more important tasks
- How to be aware of the biases impacting our thinking and get a second opinion
- The importance of being “not stupid” instead of being smart
- Existential boundary experiences and how they can transform you
- How to break out of the glorified business of our daily lives and embrace the inevitability of our own mortality
- 2 simple and actionable steps you can take right now to improve your personal finance and investment knowledge
- And much more!