Based on the bestselling book Influence by Robert Cialdini, this is the second part of a new six-part miniseries within "The Science of Success" called "Weapons of Influence". If you loved Cialdini's book, this will be a great refresher on the core concepts in it. And if you haven't yet read it, some of this stuff is gonna blow your mind.
- Consistency & Commitment
- Social Proof
Each one of these weapons can be a powerful tool in your belt - and something to watch out for when others try to wield them against you. Alone, each of them can create crazy outcomes in our lives and in social situations, but together they can have huge impacts.
- The powerful application of the “foot in the door” technique
- Why hard won commitments are the most powerful
- The dangers of seemingly innocuous commitments
- How commitment builds its own internal justifications
- How you can defend yourself against falling prey to commitment bias